Information you provide to us
Through the signup process and account setting we receive and store that information which you knowingly provide us. We may collect Personal Information such as your name, title, email address and third-party account credentials (Twitter/Facebook/Google/LinkedIn/Github). We receive the information which is transmitted to us by the third party, only if you authorize such transmission. In account setting, if you provide us we receive your location (City) and username of your other social accounts.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send newsletter emails or email you about your use of the Services. Also, if you do not want to receive communications from us, you can unsubscribe from it.
Information Collected Automatically
When you use our services, we store some information automatically on our server. It may include geolocation data, IP address, device identification, “cookie” information. We will use anonymous browser cookies for online advertising. No personally identifiable information will be stored within those cookies, and clients may opt out of receiving these cookies by changing the settings on their browser.
We only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. We use this knowledge to improve our website and to improve the overall user experience.
How we use this information
- Communicate with you, sending newsletter emails and emails about updates, events or any technical notice or any other news we think will be of your interest.
- Provide, maintain and improve our services.
- Analyze and monitor uses and identify trends in connection with our service to improve our service.
- Provide safety to other users by blocking spammers.
How we share information
When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Services, such as your username, karma, Followers, Followings and moderator status. We are also providing some privacy settings. You can hide your submission so when you list any startup or product on LearningWiki, your identity will be private. Similarly, you can hide the list of your upvoted startups.
When you submit the comment to the Services, visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see the content of your comments, the username associated with your comments, date and time you originally submitted the comment.
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- Except as it relates to advertisers and our ad partners, we may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us;
- We may also release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- We may allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers.
- We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services.
- We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Review and modification
You may add, modify, or update your personal information from settings. If any part of the information is not available in the editable format to you, then you can reach us at LearningWiki.firstname.lastname@example.org It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you have on our server is the most up-to-date information as possible.
You may request deletion of your account by contacting us at LearningWiki.email@example.com, and we will disassociate your email address and social account from any content or other information provided to us. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.